We are deeply thankful for all who are able to support Glenmary by donating gifts in kind. As Father Chet always says, “Glenmarians never travel with an empty car!” since they are always bringing donations from headquarters to the missions.
We ask that you call the Mission Education office at 513-881-7440 before you ship or drop off an in-kind donation.
While we truly appreciate your spirit of generosity, we have limited storage space. To save time and money, we can discuss having donated items shipped directly to the missions instead of to our headquarters.
Here is our donation Wish List. Also listed below are items that we typically cannot accept or use. Feel free to call and inquire about donating items not on this list.
Glenmary Missions Donation Wish List:
- Liturgical Items: (Altar linens, altar server robes, albs, clerical shirts, ciboria (metal), chalices (metal), monstrance, vestments, Mass kits, pyx, cruets, etc.) All may be new or gently used.
- Catholic Bibles (new or gently used, English or Spanish)
- Infant and children clothing (new or gently used)
- Adult and children’s socks and underwear (new)
- Coats and other winter gear (infant, children, and adults, new or gently used)
- Blankets (infant, children, and adults, new)
- Men’s pants, t-shirts, long-sleeve work shirts, jackets, and ball caps (new or gently used, size small/medium)
- School supplies (new)
- Children’s books (new)
- Craft supplies (new)
- Playground or sports equipment (new or gently used)
- Bed sheets and towels (new or gently used)
- New toiletry items (toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, etc.)
- Toy donations at Christmas time (new)
Items Glenmary typically cannot use:
- Adult clothing (in large quantities due to limited storage space)
- Adult books
- Items included in mailings from other religious organizations (necklaces,
- Old, worn vestments
- Paschal candles
- Non-metal ciboria, chalices, etc.
- Outdated daily scripture resources (Magnificat, Our Daily Bread, etc.)
- Large items that would need to be stored
- Televisions and old computer monitors (we don’t have a need for these items
and it costs us money to dispose of them)
Note: Because of limited storage space, Glenmary cannot accept large donations (i.e. truckloads) of items. If you have a large amount of items to donate, please consider St. Vincent de Paul or another local agency. Thank you.