We are deeply thankful for all who are able to support Glenmary by donating gifts in kind. As Father Chet always says, “Glenmarians never travel with an empty car!” since they are always bringing donations from headquarters to the missions.
We ask that you call the Mission Education office at 513-881-7440 before you ship or drop off an in-kind donation.
While we truly appreciate your spirit of generosity, we have limited storage space. To save time and money, we can discuss having donated items shipped directly to the missions instead of to our headquarters.
Below is our wish list for 2018. Also listed are items that we typically cannot accept or use. Feel free to call and inquire about donating items not on this list.
Glenmary Missions Wish List:
- Monstrance (Holy Family Mission, Tenn.)
- Catholic Bibles (gently used), both English and Spanish
- Infant and children clothing (gently used or new)
- Infant and children coats
- Infant and children blankets
- Adult-sized blankets
- Trousers, jackets, and ball caps for migrant workers (size small/medium)
- School supplies
- Children’s books (gently used or new)
- Craft supplies
- Playground or sports equipment (gently used or new)
- Household items (cleaning supplies)
- Toiletry items (soap, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen)
Items Glenmary typically cannot use:
- Adult clothing (in large quantities due to limited storage space)
- Adult books
- Items included in mailings from other religious organizations (necklaces, coins, etc.)
- Old, worn vestments
- Outdated daily scripture resources (Magnificat, Our Daily Bread, etc.)
- Large items that would need to be stored
- Televisions and old computer monitors (we don’t have a need for these items and it costs us money to dispose of them)
Note: Because of limited storage space, Glenmary cannot accept large donations (i.e. truckloads) of items. If you have a large amount of items to donate, please consider St. Vincent de Paul or another local agency. Thank you.