The Glenmary Research Center (GRC) supports and assists Glenmary Home Missioners by providing applied research to Glenmary leadership, individual missioners, Church leaders and the wider society. The GRC operates under a mandate from the Glenmary Executive Council.
Primary goals of the GRC:
- To collect and maintain databases of current conditions and trends
- To cultivate a research library for use by Glenmary priests, brothers and coworkers
- To provide ongoing services to appropriate Glenmary constituencies
- To design and conduct specific studies of an applied nature in support of the Glenmary mission.
- To maintain ties with groups related to Glenmary activities relevant to the research focus of the GRC
- To publicize and distribute ideas, information and materials developed by and through the GRC