We are deeply thankful for all who are able to donate to missionaries with religious items to support Glenmary by donating gifts in kind and religious items. As Father Chet always says, “Glenmarians never travel with an empty car!” since they are always bringing donations from headquarters to the missions.
We ask that you please call the Mission Education office at 513-881-7440 before you ship or drop off any in-kind donation or religious items and learn more about how to donate to missionaries.
While we truly appreciate your spirit of generosity, we have limited storage space. To save time and money, we can discuss having donated items shipped directly to the missions instead of to our headquarters.
Here is our donation Wish List. Also listed below are items that we typically cannot accept or use. We are happy to talk to you about any practical or religious items. Feel free to call and inquire about donating items not on this list that you wish to donate to missionaries.
Glenmary Missions Donation Wish List:
- Liturgical Items: (Altar linens, altar server robes, albs, clerical shirts, ciboria (metal), chalices (metal), monstrance, Mass kits, pyx, cruets, etc.) All may be new or gently used. Memorial gifts in memory of a loved one, such as a chalice, are most welcome.
- Catholic Bibles (new or gently used, English or Spanish)
- Infant and children clothing (new or gently used)
- Adult and children’s socks and underwear (new)
- Coats and other winter gear (infant, children, and adults, new or gently used)
- Blankets (infant, children, and adults, new)
- Men’s pants, t-shirts, long-sleeve work shirts, jackets, and ball caps (new, size small/medium only)
- School supplies (new)
- Children’s books (new)
- Craft supplies (new)
- Playground or sports equipment (new or gently used)
- Bed sheets and towels (new or gently used)
- New toiletry items (toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, etc.)
- Toy donations at Christmas time (new)
Items Glenmary typically cannot use:
- Adult men’s clothing (Size Large)
- Adult women’s clothing (All kinds and sizes)
- Adult books
- Items included in mailings from other religious organizations (necklaces,
- Gently used or old, worn vestments
- Paschal candles
- Non-metal ciboria, chalices, etc.
- Outdated daily scripture resources (Magnificat, Our Daily Bread, etc.)
- Large items that would need to be stored
- Televisions and old computer monitors (we don’t have a need for these items and it costs us money to dispose of them)
Note: Because of limited storage space, Glenmary cannot accept large donations (i.e. truckloads) of items. If you have a large amount of items to donate, please consider St. Vincent de Paul or another local agency. Thank you.
Glenmary Home Missioners is a Catholic society of priests and brothers who, along with numerous lay co-workers, establish the Catholic Church in small-town and rural America. Founded in 1939 by Father William Howard Bishop, Glenmary is the only religious community devoted exclusively to serving the spiritually and materially poor in the rural U.S. home missions. Supported by your generosity, Glenmary missions are located throughout Appalachia and the South.
Glenmary missions are in counties where less than 1% of the population is Catholic, as high as 75% claim no faith affiliation at all. Poverty averages 20%, almost two times the national average.
Your donations of religious items help secure the future of the Catholic Church in the rural United States.