Reverend William Howard Bishop: Toward an Understanding of His Charism as Founder of the Glenmary Home Missioners
Master’s Thesis Submitted by Daniel T. Dorsey
in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Licentiate in Theology (Spirituality), Rome, 1983.
Pontifical Gregorian University. Institute of Spirituality. Directed by Reverend Gervais Demeige, S.J.
• The Term “Charism” in Scriptures
• The Term “Charism” in Tradition
• The Term “Charism” of a Founder
Survey of the Period
• 1915-1917: Curate of the Shrine of the Sacred Heart
• 1917-1923: Building a Parochial School in Clarkesville
• 1923-1935: The National Rural Life Conference
• 1936-1939: “Under the inspiration of Christ’s love…we are privileged to begin a great work.”
• Father Bishop’s Faith, Vision and Spirituality
• The Charism of Father Bishop as Missionary
• The Charism of Father Bishop as Laborer
• The Charism of Father Bishop as Conversion to the One Fold